Weekly Reflection of School Internship Programme Phase 2

 Weekly Reflection of School Internship Programme Phase 2

Ajma Suhara

January 2021

Weekly Reflection

 

21/01/2021 to 07/02/2021

As per the B.Ed curriculum, our 2ndpart of School Internship Programme for 30 days has started on 21/01/21. Due to COVID 19 protocol, we were asked to take offline and online teaching practice. Our 30 days were divided into two. First 15 classes were assigned as peer teaching( both online and offline peer teaching) and the next fifteen classes were assigned as face to face teaching. I completed 7 lesson plans in the first week.

So from 21/01/2021 to 07/02/2021 was my offline peer teaching days. I taught the lesson "The jungle air crash" by Juliane kopecke. My peers along with the students from our H.K.M institution observed my class. 

I was a bit nervous at the beginning but as the class commenced i gained all the confidence of a good teacher. I tried to teach my students in a unique manner. I applied my own style by creating a good rapport at first and then showing many pictures and also by using adequate teaching aids. 

Everyday i found my training interesting even though there was so many limitations due to COVID 19. But keeping that aside i enjoyed my classes. My peers and students gave me good feedback. They appreciated my sound quality and classroom interaction.

         

03/02/2021 to 08/02/2021

In the second week of teaching practice we opted for offline peer teaching. I completed 8 lesson plan during these days. I taught the chapters " The jungle air crash" by Juliane kopecke and " The Last Leaf" by O Henry. I completed single lesson plans on days 3rd, 4th 5th 7th and 8th, and double lesson plan on day 6th. After finishing the particular days portion,I gave them homework and activity was done in class itself.At the last day of the poem,overall summary was given and some questions were asked to check their comprehension level.The response was very fine and the students were too active in my class.

My first week experience taught me a lot about what it means to be a teacher and a lot about myself, as a future educator. For example, I always knew that coming up with lesson plans was not easy, so I’m glad that I was able to have this experience to prepare me for it in the future. I also learned that I do not have a good sense of time when I am teaching, so I now know to make sure to make a schedule of what will be done at what time.


Report on Online Face-to-face teaching experience.

09/02/2021 to 19/02/2021



The third week of internship program was so busy and tightly packed. I choose students from St. Joseph's Convent Girls High School. I was assigned Class 8th. We were all in a rush to complete the portions as the school teachers assigned us a tight schedule. I took classes with my atmost talent as it is a rare opportunity to never miss. I completed the chapter "The Last Leaf" by O Henry and also " The School for Sympathy" by E.V Lucas. I started the chapter " The Merchant of Venice" by William Shakespeare. After finishing the particular days portion,I gave them homework and activity was done in class itself.At the last day of the poem,overall summary was given and some questions were asked to check their comprehension level.The response was very fine and the students were too active in my class.


20/02/2021 to 24/02/2021

I feel a little bit sad as it was my last training days. I completed the chapter " The Merchant of Venice" by William Shakespeare. I did 3 lessons on grammar using models like Concept Attainment Model, Advanced organizer model and Direct instructional model. 

Also during the last week of online face-to-face teaching, I conducted an achievement test to know the knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and also the Diagnostic test to know about the difficulties that the students face in their learning and remedial teaching was done..




Overall Reflection

During my teaching practice I had the opportunity to observe the enthusiasm students and learned classroom management techniques. I could reflect back on their lessons and decide what I would take from their styles and what I would do differently. I was able to develop a good relationship with the children and I was happy for the opportunity to have good time with them.


Comments

  1. Wishing you joy and happiness, you have an amazing teaching capability.one day you are the spark, the inspiration, the guide, the candle of students all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A REPORT OF CONSCIENTIZATION PROGRAMME 2020